We have included a very straightforward Financial Aid Eligibility Checklist below that will clearly break down what the Federal Governments eligibility requirements are for Financial Aid.
- Have a High School Diploma, GED certificate or home schooled and approved under state law.
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Enrolled or accepted as a student at an eligible institution of Higher Learning.
- Male applicants must have registered with Selective Service between the ages of 18 and 25.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Not in default on prior educational loans, or owe any federal grant money.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as determined by your institution.
As always, if you have any questions about the Financial Aid Eligibility Checklist please ask in our comments section at the very bottom of this page and everyone can learn. One of our Financial Aid Experts will be sure to respond to you in a timely manner.
For a more detailed Financial Aid Eligibility road map please check out the below visual.